WELCOME TO THE MISTLETOE WINERY WEBSITE.
NEW UPDATE: NOVEMBER 6th 2023.
ANOTHER YEAR NEARLY GONE.
LIKE 750mL BOTTLES OF WINE,THEY SEEM TO GET SMALLER EVERY YEAR!
WE ARE NOW NEARLY SOLD OUT OF QUITE A FEW OF OUR WINES.
SO IF YOU WANT TO BE CERTAIN OF HAVING SOME MISTLETOE THIS CHRISTMAS,PLEASE ORDER SOON.
JUST FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE WHAT IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
TO EVRYONE, WE WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE,HAPPY AND LOVING FAMILY CHRISTMAS AND TRUST THAT THE YEAR AHEAD BRINGS YOU MUCH GOOD FORTUNE,HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.
KEN AND GWEN SLOAN – FOUNDERS OF MISTLETOE.
MISTLETOE WINERY CLEARANCE SALE PRESSES ON!
Our clearance sale is progressing very well and we expect to be sold our of quite a few of our most popular lines before Christmas including the Hunter Rose2021 ,
Mozcato 2022,Home Vineyard Semillon 2021,Silvereye Semillon 2021,Home Vineyard Shiraz 2021,Blanc de Blancs 2016.
Don’t miss out, contact us now and place your order today.
NEWS UPDATE – AUGUST 6th 2023.
MISTLETOE WINERY – TOP 5 RED STAR WINERY.
THIS RATING ONLY APPLIES TO 167 WINERIES ACROSS AUSTRALIA.
TASTING NOTES FOLLOW.
2024 WINE COMPANION – 6 WINES SUBMITTED.
4 JUDGED GOLD OR HIGHER,2 JUDGED SILVER.
RESERVE SHIRAZ 2021. By far the richest and most powerful of this ’21 Shiraz trio, with polished saddle leather, blackberry, licorice and Hunter earth and spice. The colour is superb, the power beyond the scope of the majority of high class Hunter Shiraz wines.
James Halliday – published 02 August 2023. 95 points.
HOME VINEYARD SHIRAZ 2021. The vines were 29 years old when used to fashion this wine. There was some whole bunch inclusion, the French oak part new, part used for the 11 month maturation. The flavours are complex, with, plum, spice, leather and Hunter earth, the balance flawless, the length prodigious. I have tased many Hunter Shiraz wines aged between 30 and 50 years, and have no doubt whatsoever this will cruise through the 50 year barrier.
James Halliday – published 06 July 2023. 97 points
SELECTED AS ONE OF THE 50 GREAT RED WINES OF 2023,and,also,
WINE COMPANION 2024 BEST VALUE WINE UNDER $30
HUNTER SHIRAZ 2021. Despite the possible inference that the fruit for this wine came from contract-grown grapes,it was in fact estate grown and matured in used French oak. The wine is (only) light to medium bodied, red and purple rather than black, and – given its heritage the price derisory, its future able to thumb its nose at those who doubted it in the 20’s when these bottles were sold.
James Halliday – published 08 May 2023. 91 points.
RESERVE SEMILLON 2009. Pale green gold. Fourteen years young,fresh and vibrant,the faces of citrus led by Meyer lemon and lemongrass,before a burnish of honey is painted by an artist. Sheer bliss.
James Halliday – Published 31 July 2023. 98 points. SOLD OUT.
RESERVE SEMILLON 2021. An exception to Mistletoe’s estate-grown base,this is made from Semillon grown on the Casuarina Vineyard. Hand picked,whole bunch pressed and long maturation on gross lees prior to bottling. Classic Hunter style: intensity,focus,purity and length,the fruit flavour headed by lemon/lemongrass/lime with crisp acidity tying the parcel up.
James Halliday – published 10 May 2023. 96 points – SOLD OUT
HOME VINEYARD SEMILLON 2021. From the vineyard surrounding the cellar door and winery. The Mistletoe style has always been generous but retains elegance thanks to its balance, and with that, longevity. The price should ensure a rapid sell-through, the residual sugar (7g/l) barely perceptible, the value for money obvious.
James Halliday – Published 07 February 2023. 93 points.
“ALL 6 WINES SUBMITTED WERE ACCORDED “SPECIAL VALUE STATUS”
THESE ARE ABSOLUTE BARGAINS AT THE PRICES OFFERED.
You may purchase wine online at www.mistletoewines.com.au or,
by phone – 1800-055-080
NEWS UPDATE – JULY 6th 2023.
Halliday Wine Magazine, August/September 2023, released today includes a list of the 50 Great Red Wines of Australia for 2023.
Quote: ” Drink now or later, these are the season’s must buy wines”
The Mistletoe Home Vineyard Shiraz 2021 is included in this prestigious list and has been rated at 97 points.
View this wine here.
You may also see the full list of the 50 wines here.
NEWS UPDATE – APRIL 2nd. 2023.
Greetings from the beautiful Hunter Valley where we are seeing early signs of Autumn, in our opinion the best time of the year.
We have now passed the unsettling Summer weather with accompanying storms, hail and high temperatures.
The nights are cooler while the days are warm, but not too hot.
Great weather for getting outdoors as we head into Easter and the Autumn school holidays.
The Mistletoe Winery property has been sold and the cellar door is now closed permanently for visits and tastings.
HOWEVER,WINE SALES CONTINUE – AT CLEARANCE BARGAIN PRICES – ONLINE OR PHONE ORDERS ONLY.
EVERYONE LOVES A BARGAIN.
All the wines currently on offer over deliver on the ratio of PRICE to QUALITY.
Here is a comparison of our current Semillon prices and ratings to other respected Hunter producers of great Semillon.
Please check it out to see what we mean about value for money.
Although we have sold the property we retained the wine business and the stock on hand at the time of the sale.
We are now selling through that wine stock and will then close down the business. We think we have about 18 months supply remaining.
To stay in the loop regarding our wine sale and stock availability we advise joining our no-obligation database.
Simply go to our website home page www.mistletoewines.com.au scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the enrolment links.
MUSEUM RELEASE WINES – EXTREMELY LOW STOCKS.
All orders are now handled through a purpose built despatch facility located next to Mistletoe.
CLEARANCE BARGAIN PRICING.
The best part for you as wine-lovers is that all the wine is offered to you at VERY SPECIAL CLEARANCE PRICES.
These EXTRA SPECIAL PRICES are basically wholesale prices plus relevant government taxes.
N.B. QUOTE PROMO CODE SPRING2023 AT THE ONLINE SHOP CHECKOUT AND RECEIVE AN EXTRA 10% DISCOUNT OFF THE LISTED PRICES
FOR ALL STRAIGHT / MIXED CASE PURCHASES. N.B. EXCLUDES HOME VINEYARD SHIRAZ 2021 and Reserve Semillon 6-packs..
SCREWCAPS. All the wines on offer (except for the Blanc de Blancs) are sealed with a Stelvin Screwcap.
The Blanc de Blancs is sealed with a Diam technical cork which is just as effective as the screwcap in keeping the wine in excellent condition.
The screwcap has really proved its worth at keeping wines in great condition and not having the issues and failures associated with cork sealed wines.
Following are the tasting notes for all Currently Available wines.
- Blanc de Blancs 2016. – 100% Chardonnay. Now drinking superbly after a total of more than 6 years in bottle. Hints of honey, toast and straw with a mellow but refreshing palate. Great wine for Christmas and New Year. It still has another 2-3 good years in front of it.
- Bubbly Mozcato 2022. One of Mistletoe’s perennial favorites. Full of flavour but not too sweet. Great with Asian cuisine. Perfect for Christmas morning – with just 6% alcohol you will be sure to make it through to lunch. Serve with chilled fruit salad.
- Home Vineyard Semillon 2021. In our opinion the best of this style we have ever made. Slightly off-dry made from Semillon grapes grown at Mistletoe. Again, as with the Reserve, enjoy it now or leave it aside for 5 years or more to develop complexity together with honey straw characters.Rated 9.4 /10 by Max Crus and 93 points James Halliday January 2023.
- Silvereye Semillon 2021. Our ever popular sweeter Semillon from the fantastic 2021 vintage. Great with spicy Asian cuisine. Low alcohol wine at just 9.5%. Approximately 30% less alcohol than a typical Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.We have learned over the years that this wine style cellars very well, just like the Reserve.
- Hunter Rose 2021. Mistletoe’s Hunter Rose aka The Rose – from the fabulous 2021 Vintage. As good as it gets!
- Hunter Shiraz 2021. All the Hunter Shiraz offered were grown and made at Mistletoe. Great vineyard now 30 years old producing very high quality grapes on a consistent basis. This is a typical Hunter Shiraz being plummy, earthy and spicy. Maturation in larger old French oak barrels has added softness and complexity. Can be confidently cellared for 10 years.
- Home Vineyard Shiraz 2021. A fuller bodied wine than the Hunter Shiraz with 30% whole bunches included in the fermentation and some new oak barrels for maturation. 97 points – James Halliday July 6th 2023
- Reserve Shiraz 2021. One of our flagship wines from a fantastic vintage.Matured in a range of new, one and two year old French oak barrels as well as whole bunch and whole berry fermentation have produced a wine of finesse and character. Drink now or cellar up to 20 years. An absolutely lovely example of excellent Hunter Shiraz.
- Mistela N/V. N/V means the wine is produced from a range of vintages. This wine is what we used to be able call a white Port. i.e. It is fortified – Semillon grape juice. Serve at room temperature during the cooler months with coffee and chocolates, preferably sitting near/around a fire. Or in Summer, chill and serve with ice and soda to make a long refreshing drink. BARGAIN!
- Petite Muscat 2021. This is the Mistletoe equivalent of the French Muscat Baumes de Venise. It is an excellent representation of the style. Like the Mistela, it is in essence a white Port. Made from Muscat Blanc á Petit Grains grown at Mistletoe, no one else makes this wine in the Hunter Valley. We love it as it so clean and fresh and not cloying like some stickies. At the offered price it is amazing value as the cheapest French versions start at $20 for 375ml. Perfect with cold poached stone fruit or poached oranges with slivered almonds.
PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT MISTLETOE SO THEY MAY AVAIL THEMSELVES OF SOME GREAT WINES,
WHILE THEY ARE AVAILABLE, AT GREAT PRICES!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL US ON 1800-055-080 OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ken and Gwen Sloan
JULY 2021 – THE JAMES HALLIDAY – AUSTRALIAN WINE COMPANION 2022
has just been released and Mistletoe has been upgraded to the highest possible rating.
i.e. 5 red stars plus winery name in red. This rating places Mistletoe in the top 5% of wineries in Australia.
We can now say that all the blood,sweat and tears we have contributed to producing the best wines possible over the past 30 years has been worthwhile.
The two standout wines in the Wine Companion 2022 are the Reserve Semillon 2019 – 95 points – and the Grand Reserve Shiraz 2018. – 96 points
We Are Family!
Mistletoe Winery is located on the beautifully scenic Hermitage Road area of Pokolbin in the Lower Hunter Valley NSW, Australia . Mistletoe was established by the current owners in 1989 and will celebrate it’s 31st anniversary in 2020.
Mistletoe Winery Collection.
Mistletoe is a “unique, boutique” winery that produces 4-5,000 cases of wine each year. With 15 – 20 wines on offer,for tasting and sales, Mistletoe has one of the most comprehensive ranges of wines in the Hunter Valley.
Australian Wine Companion
James Halliday is arguably Australia’s greatest living wine scribe. His whole life has revolved around his love of wine, especially Australian Wine. He has rated Mistletoe a 5 RED STAR winery every year from 2007 to 2020.